My life is to make everything around me beautiful.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wrought Iron Chandelier

Update on Blogging Tutorial by clicking and go to the end of the Tutorial to see some new updates. You won't be sorry you read it but you CAN be sorry you don't. It's up to you.
~*~

Hubby finally found this chandelier up in the garage attic. I bought it on a trip to Pennsylvania in the late 80s to visit his parents. Our son, daughter-in-law and grandson went with us. We toured the countryside one day because I wanted to visit a shop I had read about in a magazine. We found it and purchased several things and she graciously shipped them back for us. It was quite a unique experience and I truly loved it. I bought 2 of these and sold one on eBay for a song. But when I went to the Post Office to ship it, the shipping was going to be $100.00! I almost cried so the postal clerk looked at it again, remeasured and a couple of inches miraculously dropped off! (Now, from looking at this you can imagine what the packaging looked like as Love Bunny had to cup up boxes to make its own box. It truly looked like a space ship and got the most awesome stares in the Post Office that day. Hubs said no way was he going to the P.O. with it. He's such a sadist!) Then it was about $35.00 and off it went. I would have had to refund her money and tell her what happened. It worked out well all the way around and I was saved the embarrassment so I'm happy. But no way would I sell this one after that experience.



So I've decided to paint it white to go with the look of our house now. What do you think? Now for the froufrou-ing of it.


Okay, and now I have the candles in it but I've been so busy with a couple of other projects that I haven't froufrou-ed it up any further than this. And this is the safest place to keep it at this point. Soon!
~*~

22 comments:

  1. It's definitely better white! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful simple chandelier Connie...it might not need very much frou frou-ing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted a chandelier! Changed my header based on your tutorial - mine still isn't right but I got further than ever before! Thanks -

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mornin' Sweetie,

    LUV that chandelier!

    How've you been my friend?

    Ijust love all the "PINK" decorating that you do! Maybe you can someday give me ideas and tips on what to do with my guest room. I'm trying to get a pink/Roses them all put together in there. Yet, alas it just doesn't quiet look right yet.

    Oh well.

    Talk att'cha later!

    Love & Prayers,
    Ronda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Connie I love it in white. The black was ok too, but the white makes it stand out more.

    Where in PA did you get it?

    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning girl friend...Girl I know you'll do something wonderful with that...It will say Connie all over it...Loved seeing pictures of you and Love Bunny together...I use to spend alot of time in Cabo also years ago...Had a house there...Hope you have a GREAT day my dear friend...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  7. G'morn, Connie ~ Fabulous change, love the white & your accents surrounding it on the table!

    Have a beautiful safe 4th!
    TTFN ~ Hugs,Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  8. You found it in the attic - after all those years? GIRL!
    I like it white. It's so pretty - you might not need to do much to it!.
    Have a wonderful and safe 4th!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just noticed that they finally named that precious grand daughter of yours..I love the name and still love that photo..:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's pretty in black and in white. The simple lines are elegant - it hardly needs much frou-frou-ing. Looking forward to seeing how it ends up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Connie :) Love this chandy much better white than the black! Can't wait to see it once you've fru-frued it up!

    Hope you have a wonderful and safe upcoming 4th of July weekend!!

    Warmest hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I had read you Tutorial earlier... I totaly messed up my blog, forever... and I don't like how all the HTML's have to have a title now....sometimes progress is painful.. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Connie I love your blogging tutorial. It's very thorough, easy to understand and great photo's to accompany your guidelines. Very good job!! Oh, and the chandelier turned out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the chandy painted white! Makes me want to paint ours (it's similar)

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Connie, you did an awesome job. Just love the simplicity of the chandelier. You are such a clever chick. I think I am going to go and frufru up a birdhouse today. I have to rest because of the epidural, so what better way to spend the resting time. Love Ya, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh yes, I like it better white. I just bought a candle type chandelier at a yard sale recently and did the same thing with a can of spray paint. I added some crystal prisms and pink bows on mine....it is now sitting in my antique booth because I too, did not want to have anything to do with shipping it! LOL. I also forgot to do a before and after so it never made the blog!

    Jillian
    Bella Rosa Antiques

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Connie!

    We used to have one of those fabric gazebos for our backyard, but the wind damaged it and we ended up just throwing it out....

    but getting to the point of my mentioning it....lol

    i always wanted to get a candle lier like that....it is such a lovely addition! yum me!

    have a great first day of July!

    ciao bella
    creative carmelina

    and every girl should have fru fru frilly!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH this is such a pretty canddelier. How fun. Where are you going to put it? It's looking gorgeous. Love it white. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great redo! I love what you did to your chandlier. Hope your doing well
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like it, it's very simple. I can't wait to see what else you do with it. I love frou-frou. Things don't look right without it. Have a great holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very pretty, Connieness! I love it white too.
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE IT painted white! It really looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so nice and I thank all of you that leave one for me.