My life is to make everything around me beautiful.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Gifts

As some of you may know I've been down in California since last week visiting with kids and grandkids. I prescheduled posts so I could have a break but I wanted to tell you about my mother's day gift. Now, as I've said before, there are some things in my life I've wanted to do for some time. Oh, not terribly exciting things like skydiving or bungee jumping...screeeeeeam...my heart couldn't do that...but just something I thought would be fun.

We went to San Diego saturday to check out our grandson's college—UCSD—and while there we went to MCRD, which is Marine Corps Recruit Depot. We lived there in the early 60s while Jack was on the drill field there, so it had been a long time since we'd seen it. We actually lived across the street and up a hill a bit from it. WOW!!! Has it changed! But my son and daughter-in-law bought me a bottle of Juicy Couture Perfume at the PX there and that stuff is NOT cheap, trust me, even there. Then when we got home my daughter-in-law told me about their WM having a spa. Well, without further chatter, let me show you the pix.



That's right. Eyelashes. Not false ones but extensions that are glued on. My DIL took me to WM and in about 1/2 hour I had eyelash extensions. And, yes, I photoshopped the photos because I had absolutely no makeup on at the time and I looked horrid. I wanted a clean face to begin with. I did only my skin. The eyes are real and not photoshopped.

Son and his wife in wedding photo. The boys are now 21 and almost 14.
~*~

13 comments:

  1. Cool eyelashes!! I was only in San Diego for a few days once. My husband's oldest son graduated from the Nazarene College there on Point Loma. I fell in love with the place!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was JUST looking into getting eyelash extensions. You'll have to let me know if they rip your eyelashes out, because I have heard they do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh la la! what wonderful eyelashes. Sounds like you had a wonderful time visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great gift! I wish I had green eyes like you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the extensions..how long will they last?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a hoot ! ! !
    I just might be a little envious of your lashes ! ! !
    Hugs & ♥♥♥s,
    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh girl, lucky you visiting in San Diego...Hubby & I had a condo/rental in Point Loma and am so sorry we sold it.
    My son was Navy, stationed at Miramar and I loved shopping at the PX. Perfumes & designeer hand bags...such a deal.
    Well if I ever win the LOTTO, my dream would be to Coronado Island!!

    SD is one of the most cities on plant earth


    Carol
    The Woodlands TX

    ReplyDelete
  8. You go, girl! (Isn't that what the cool people say?) They look fabulous, Connie1

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a wonderful gift. It will be interesting to see how long they stay on.
    Like you I have been busy with grandkids and haven't blogged a lot but drop by and see how we went looking after our 2 and a half yo grandson for 10 days while his parents were away
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  10. San Diego, my hometown! I'll be coming out in June!

    I've never heard of eyelash extensions. (That's how "out of it" I am!)They look great. Does this mean you don't have to put on any mascara? My sister had her eyelashes permed recently. I'd never heard of that either!
    rosie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you had a Wonderful Mothers Day! Stop On Over I'm having a Virtual Baby Shower for my daughter Breezy, games and prizes, would love to see you there! Let's Get This Party Started!! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Connie what great Mothers Day pressies you recieved........... those eyelashes of yours are real showstoppers. Hoping you are both enjoying your trip away....

    lyn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your eyelashes, you have such beautiful eyes anyway! Rachaelxo

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so nice and I thank all of you that leave one for me.