My life is to make everything around me beautiful.

Friday, March 26, 2010

Around My Home with Some Random Thoughts 3/26/2010




~*~

Random Thoughts:

I recently read a novel where the grandma said, "I love corn but it gives me flatulence. I used to care but I'm not obliged to anymore. The golden years rock!" My kinda woman. Who cares when we reach the age where more important things take precedent?
*

Love Bunny and I were standing at our bathroom sink recently attending to our morning ablutions. I was putting on the new wrinkle cream, Boots No.7.
She: Look at this wrinkle.
He:Which one?
Need I say more? Not a good way to start my day!
*

During Valentines day I was going around the blogs and noticed many were posting on their blog a valentine greeting to their loved one. Why do we say happy valentines day to our hubbies on the blogs when they never read them? Love Bunny never reads mine. Curious.
*

Along about the same time, hubs was making cocktail sauce for some shrimp we were having for dinner—just shrimp and coleslaw. I love shrimp for dinner—any way I can get it: panko breaded, plain with cocktail sauce or tartar sauce. But this night he was making the sauce. Well, I came into the kitchen and it looked like he had had an explosion. He upended the bottle, lost control of it and it landed in the bowl of cocktail sauce and sent it all over the kitchen. Looked like an explosion in a catsup factory! Now you know why I allow him in the kitchen so rarely. :-)
*

Recently I went to a friend's house about an hour away for dinner. I was eating some lettuce and started to choke. It just would not go down and I was really having a difficult time. Quietly got up, went around the corner to their bathroom, threw up (absolutely knowing I was being heard), went back to table and ate. Smiling. The best way to do some things is to just ignore they happened. ;-)
*

Bumper sticker on a car I was driving behind lately: Save your ta tas. Aptly put for a Breast Cancer Awareness sticker, huh? I thought it was cute.
~*~

12 comments:

  1. Hi Connie.
    Beautiful plates you have in your collection.

    Sorry I have not been to your blog in a while. Your random thoughts for today did make me smile.

    Wishing you a wonderful weekend.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is the way to handle a choking situation! Keep Calm and Carry On was written with you in mind, my friend. Thanks for making me smile today.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo! I love that first plate! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous random thoughts... I have so many going through my head sometimes...

    Loving the rose plates and the devise for hanging them is pretty too!

    x Alex

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always make me smile Connie..thank you! I love your plates...anything pink and with roses works for me!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Hugz,
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful Friday ramblings!

    Lol on the love post for husbands, my husband reads the blog every day, as it is a window to our lives! No I did not write him a mushy note, although I have taken the label spot on the posting to be my place to leave unusual thoughts or love notes to my sweetie.

    This is why he takes such an interest in the blog http://doublenickelfarm.blogspot.com/2010/03/sometimes-things-happen.html as it is all new for the family and so the update is a record for the family as well as for blogging(esp for oldest son in afghanistan)

    Well I am glad that I have found your corner of sunshine in the blog world as you make me smile and see life as up and lovely even at the down times...for that I thank you.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bumper sticker! How funny is that?

    I visit by way of Kathy's Cottage and would like to invite you over to my blog for a 200th post giveaway! Please do drop in if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the rose plates, they are so pretty. I also wondered about the valentine's notes...My dbf never reads my blog, even if I ask him to. He just says, oh, that's nice.... Bla, Bla, Bla....Your ramblings made me chuckle. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello sweet Connie,
    Your random thoughts made me smile also. I love your plates (I collect pretty plates like this, too) and I would be reading all the books in your library. All my favorite subjects.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Homemade cocktail sauce? Your sweet hubby really knows how to say, "I love you."

    I'm still experimenting and making adjustments on my blog, you'll have to come by and see what you think. Feel free to critique...I can take it. :)

    Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Connie,
    Loved your post! Yes, I can truthfully say that I don't mind getting older (especially when you consider the alternative). I find I am happier with myself the older I get and have really learned to not sweat the little things. I hope you have a wonderful weekend, sweet friend. No, I didn't get a photo of the hummer. I was too shocked. I really didn't expect them this early, but I am sure glad they have arrived. Love to you! Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  12. HAPPY PINK SATURDAY CONNIE,
    YOUR PLATES ARE GORGEOUS...I ENJOYED LOOKING AT SOME OF YOUR BOOK TITLES, AND THEN OF COURSE, WHAT CAN I SAY...YOU ARE HYSTERICAL. YOU MADE ME LAUGH.
    YOU ARE VERY SWEET.
    HUGS
    SIMPLY DEBBIE

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so nice and I thank all of you that leave one for me.