My life is to make everything around me beautiful.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Pink Living Room #2 For Show Off Your Cottage Monday

Be sure and visit Cielo to view all the houses in Show Off Your Cottage Monday.

When I'm not decorating the house, shopping, on the computer blogging, cleaning house, running errands, getting my hair cut, getting a massage, reading or doing church things, I'm crafting or sewing. I made these little cupcakes out of fabric and the little faux desserts. Actually, these were my first attempt into faux desserts. I'll leave it to others now that I know how to do it. I'd prefer to buy from them instead of making a mess that I'll have to clean up! That gives you some idea of what I'd rather do.
;-)

I covered the one vintage suitcase with fabric and the other one I painted and added decals. I got them at a garage sale for 50¢ each. Squeeeeeeeal......

This is my plant shelf. I have 2 of those old fence gates and they reminded me of when I was a toddler and my father was in the Navy on a ship at the beginning of WWII so we stayed with my grandmother. Her fence was like that. So when we moved to Idaho and bought our first house here in the 90s there were 2 of them in the shed. I kept both of them and use them in my decorating. I doubt I'll ever get rid of them either. But this one has ephemera on it. The 2 shutters I bought about 2 years ago and painted them white. They were a horrid green when I got them at a yard sale. More faux plants and decaled suitcases.

A close up of my sofa table. The little trio of pedestals hold roses and faux desserts I've purchased or made. The bride and groom are from our 2 receptions for our wedding. The bouquet holder is my actual one from my wedding but I've put in some paper roses I buy from Katie at Katiesrosecottage. The vases are some given to us by friends or a lady in Ireland who we gifted with something from the USA. She was a store owner and we bought a sheep skin rug and left her a SF Giants shirt. She ran out of the store and gave us that Belleek vase as a token of friendship.

I tried very hard to get a close up of Susan Rios' limited edition print called "Fiona's Place" but it isn't easy shooting with glass on the print but if you enlarge the photo you can see it better. It is my 2nd most favorite print of hers. It is a place in Carmel, where we made frequent trips to visit when we lived in the SF Bay area. Just love that place. Very quaint and romantic

This is my hubby's chair. It was originally for me but the soft leather chair became mine by default because it is much nicer on my back. That print behind his chair is Michel Delacroix's print and I love that one because I'd love to visit that house in the print in the snow. It's just gorgeous and reminds me of England in the 19th century.

I also have anything to do with roses on my coffee table. I can never have enough roses in my home: real or faux, I love them!

Going into our dining room—it's actually more an area and not a formal dining room because we had a formal dining room in our other home and rarely ever used it so we opted for just an eating area in this house. I don't like rooms that don't get used and are a waste. That house had 15 rooms and 5 of those rooms we hardly ever used or even walked into. Every room in this house gets used to its fullest.

So there you have it in its latest redo, chicks. Hope you enjoyed the tour.
~*~

35 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tour Connie. Your house looks delicious as do your faux treats.
    Hugs ~ Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely home! You have it decorated so beautifully! Thank you for sharing it with us!

    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You did a great job on the desserts1 I thought they were real! I love the pink plate they are sitting on too! My other favorite thing today is the fabric colored suitcase! I love,love,love it! Did you paint the edges white? I should do that only with burgondy colors that run through my house.

    have a great week!
    xoxx Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a beautiful home. Everything looks lovely.

    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, those treats look so lovely- good enough to eat =)
    Thanks for sharing your beautiful home. Have a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww huneybun.. your house look so pretty.. and i love your glass cloches and the wedding topper.. I think i need to visit you one day!.. hehehe

    have a great day!
    xoxo
    fitty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Connie love, you are so inventive.
    Fun to read,they put a little bright spot in the everydayness of my life...I love your blog, but you already do that...
    hugs, glenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Connie, how on earth did you make those tiny desserts??? I am always amazed at the craftiness of bloggers. I think I would be hard pressed to do this. Love how they look.

    And of course you know I love your redo. And I would be squealing like a sissy girl if I found those cool suitcases for that great price!

    I'm thinking I need to redo one of my blue bedrooms to pink. Not sure because that would mean having to replace some of the blue accessories, but I like variety. ;-)

    Big hugs to you and Happy Cottage Monday. I'm participating for the first time. I missed the train last week.

    Love to you...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Connie,I love that iron gate it is so pretty on your plant shelf. Your home is so inviting.
    Blessings,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, Connie,
    You have such a lovely cottage home! I adore that cottage gate and how you have used it in your home. I also like the idea of covering a suitcase with pretty rose covered prints! Hope you have a fun and happy week! Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your dearling cottage home, Connie! I'm with you...love roses, can't get enough of them. You can't call your home cottage without an abundance of roses. I haven't see the faux desserts before...you did a great job! I agree, do it once and say you did it, then buy them from someone else! They look like fun, and turned out very cute!

    God bless,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Connie, it's just beautiful! I love the old gate and the shutters . . . what a great way to use that space!

    Your home is just lovely and I think I would be very comfortable visiting there . . . hope you have a pineapple! LOL!!

    Thanks so much for sharing!

    Blessings,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for all of your wonderful pics, Connie. You have such a pretty home and have done a fantastic job with your re-do's. I just love how the wall doesn't go all the way to the ceiling in the last picture. I think that's what I'm seeing. I don't know if I've ever seen that before. :)

    ~ Wendy
    http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Connie,
    I love your lampshade with the roses around it, very pretty and the art work looks perfect in your rooms.
    I see all your fabric supply, its great! I also have a fabric cabinet full just waiting for me to "create".

    Enjoy your day,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  15. Connie, your home looks so lovely, charming and inviting...you have the sweetest vignettes...thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yep it looks good enough to eat. Sounds like you are busy, busy, busy all the time. Great pictures.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  17. Conni,I love the tour of your home.Your suitcases look so pretty up there.I love all your faux cakes!The garden gate is a great idea and the shutters too.Your roses are beautiful.I reall like that snow print too with the house.Hugs,Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Connie, your home is full of romantic.Love your decoration. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs
    Charo

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG, love your place, and that plant shelf is so cute. Wish I had one at my place. I love all your decorations, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your house is beautiful! I enjoyed the tour! Love that gate!

    I like the little faux desserts too! No calories!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey Connie

    The desserts look wonderful And you home is soo beautiful I love that you use every room. My kinda gal!

    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey Connie

    The desserts look wonderful And you home is soo beautiful I love that you use every room. My kinda gal!

    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey Connie

    The desserts look wonderful And you home is soo beautiful I love that you use every room. My kinda gal!

    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would love to learn how to make that pinky cupcake! Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

    The suitcase is a great idea, too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I enjoyed the tour, I also read your other posts. Ha ha, love the cell phone one, it's too bad those women don't blog, they are too busy talking on their phones!!!
    I love roses too, I was a florist for many years and the new flowers would come in and we always loved to see the new colors of roses!!! Of course I do love other flowers too.... orchids, freesia, gerbs, and sometimes the greens!!!
    You'll have to let me know how you left the corporate world, I am a manager of a store, I want to stay home but I don't know how to make that change!!!
    Thank you for stopping by and visiting, I love to meet new friends and I love visiting other blogs.
    Hugs,
    Margaret B

    ReplyDelete
  26. Connie, I just love it when you show me through your lovely place. So much to look at and enjoy! I LOVE those old gates. I have one, but haven't done anything with it yet. You have inspired me today.
    Hugs,
    June

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your house is beautiful! Thanks for stopping by my blog and participating in my giveaway. Love the pics of your home.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Connie
    Oh how pretty! The upper ledges lok so fun to decorate! I fell in love with the garden gate instantly! Nice visiting, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hey Connie, I enjoyed the tour very much. Lots of sweetness there, just like you! xo Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  30. You have a beautiful home. It looks so fancy yet so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wonderful tour of a wonderful house and lady of the house! Thank you my dear Connie for your participation in our "SOYCM".... hope to see you again next Monday!

    cielo

    ReplyDelete
  32. I could SOOOOOO easily sit for hours in that gorgeous room sweetie!!! just SUPER pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Connie, forgive me for not stopping by more, our company leaves in the morning. I will miss them but time for myself and my computer will be heaven.

    Your faux goodies are so pretty. Good enough to eat. Your home is so homey and pretty. Romantic really describes your decorating in an old fashioned charm. I love the suitcase you cleverly covered with fabric. Who but you would think of that. Smiling!!!

    Hugs xoxo, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  34. Connie every little nook of your home is filled with such wonderful eye candy!! I love the faux treats and your suitcases are precious. I have bought a few of these that I still need to cover yet.

    Your sweet garden gate is just so sweet too! Love the little story behind it!

    blessings
    mary

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so nice and I thank all of you that leave one for me.