My life is to make everything around me beautiful.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sofa and Chair Styles and Fabrics

This post today is my 500th post. Stay tune for an announcement this next week, my sweet chicks! *Wink*........
~*~

If you know me even a smidgen you know how I feel about furniture. I love it!!! And I'm very picky about good quality furniture. It definitely pays to buy something other than the cheapest thing on the showroom floor. I'm not saying you have to buy a George Smith sofa that starts at a low of around $11,000.00 and goes to around $16,000.00 for most sofas and UP for a custom sofa, but they will last for a lifetime. They are the ultimate in sofas. I can't afford them but there are a lot of similar ones that are pretty good for less than half that price. The first 9 sofas below are George Smith sofas. They are superior to almost any other sofa or chair.

Velvet. Ahhh, luxury........
I'm not fond of orange but this is gorgeous!

Silk is a very good fabric for upholstery. It lasts surprisingly long.
Kind of country in a formal way.
This is one of my favorites also.

For that log cabin look.

Or Adirondack look.

I can't imagine white upholstered sofas. But my son and his wife have a white living room and it is upholstered and truly amazing how clean it is with 2 boys and their friends running around. Surprisingly clean and white.

Leather!!!! My favorite chair is a big comfy leather one and I just love it.

The next sofas are a little more reasonable for tight budgets. These are around $2,000.00 for a nice quality sofa.








I thought this chair was gorgeous when I first saw it I love the colors and the pattern used on it.

And I could see this one in my family room or bedroom.



This is the style of the sofa in my home now. Mine isn't this brand. Mine is an Ethan Allen with a taupe embroidered upholstery and I love their furniture! Excellent quality at a decent price.


14 comments:

  1. Every house needs a comfy sofa, just to stretch out on with a good book on a cold winter afternoon.
    My sofa is a Victorian drop end one, and would have been used by the lady of the house to rest her feet on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing is so wonderful as to sit on a sofa or chair which you really love. That is pure joy.
    And then having a wonderful catalogue at your side makes the relaxing time perfect!!!
    You show a wonderful collection here and there are more than three which are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 500 posts!!!!! Connie that is phenomenal!!!! I am so impressed.

    Many of those sofa's are very interesting. I don't really care for the patterns on some, but I agree that there is nothing like quality when it comes to furniture. We bought a Natuzzi set of leather for our living room a few years ago and not one person that comes to our home and sits on it has said anything less than it is the most comfy sofa they have ever sat on. It was definitely worth the money. My only problem though is I like to change things around a bit, so since I can't afford to buy new furniture every couple of years, I have to settle for moving it around and buying new pillows often!!

    Congratulations on 500 posts. That is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stop it!!! You're giving me too many ideas! Just when I think I've made up my mind, I see this and things get switch-a-rooed. Love the orange couch, thought about doing a tangerine office. What'd ya think, Chick? I might not be able to get any work done with such an exciting color. lol

    I'll probably play it safe (boring) and go for a pale, sage-like color of green. Do I find the chairs first, the windowcovering fabric(s), or the desk set? Maybe I need to take a quick trip to Home Fabrics for hands-on inspiration.

    So many decisions!

    ~Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Connie, I have seen you posting many times at Isabellascloset and so I thought I would drop by and peek.
    One of the chairs you posted:
    (I thought this chair was gorgeous when I first saw it I love the colors and the pattern used on it.)
    I have the brown fabric and I just love it. I covered an old chair that I got at Goodwill for $5 and a friend's aunt sent me yards of it. Not sure what I will do with the rest of yet! Your ideas are wonderful and I'm glad I found you. Will try and take a picture of my chair and post it. Now if I could only get the flower print,but blue is not my color. Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way you call us "sweet chicks." I have an Ethan Allen chair that will probably last forever!
    500 posts, I can't even fathom that. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice sofas but at that price they would have to do something besides hold people. I love the country looking ones.

    And whoo hoo on 500 posts. I cannot even imagine but I guess it sneaks up on you.

    Roberta Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Connie, 500 posts - crikey! Rachaelxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi connie!

    i enjoyed the tour de couches!

    i just read on another blog that you are recovering from kidney stones and wanted to stop by to check on you. hope you're feeling okay.

    enjoy some time on the ... couch!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. congratulations Connie on reaching 500 posts - that's amazing.

    If you get time, I have tagged you for a bit of fun so pop on over to my blog for a visit.
    Hugs,
    Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Connie,
    Thanks for stopping by and bigger thanks for your lovely comment.
    Also, thanks for sharing so many beautiful sofas.I like the floral ones!
    By the way...
    CONGRATULATIONS!
    On posting 500 sweet posts to inspire us all!
    Love,
    Debbie Moss

    (England)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love a new comfy sofa. Ours is getting pretty old and nabby looking.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Connie! ..I think sofa from last pic is good and comfortable for me. ...But all sofas are so nice....See you soon...God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful sofa pictures! We got our new cottage sofa exactly one year ago this week & I'm so glad ~ the hunt was exhausting! But fun, too!

    That brown/blue chair is just incredible! I don't have a place for one that color anywhere in my home, but it is one of those pieces that you see & say, hey, I'll build a whole new room around it!!

    Love,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so nice and I thank all of you that leave one for me.