My life is to make everything around me beautiful.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Easter Pretties

Let's talk, or should I say, look at easter beauties today. I love easter because there are so many beautiful things to look at during this holiday. Okay okay, I'm not talking about the candy, chicks! I'm talking about the bunnies, roses, eggs, jelly beans........okay, so I am talking about candy–"eye candy"!! I love eye candy almost as much as I love the real stuff. I love the smiles it brings to the little munchkins and the pretty new dresses some people wear. I love the feeling of happiness it brings to us in our hearts. But mostly I love it because of the resurrection of our Savior and the hope that springs up with it.

Aren't these vases of beautiful flowers awesome? Faux. Yep, faux!! I was going to buy them but I have no place for any more flowers in this house. Yikes.........

I was also going to buy this geranium wreath but it wouldn't fit on the door with the storm door we have on there for security. It is just too bushy to be in there.

And I don't need another rug according to the Love Bunny. I have boxes up in the garage attic full of beautiful throw rugs and a persian carpet rolled up somewhere along with several 6x9' carpets rolled up. One more might just push hubs over the edge. ;-) But isn't this gorgeous?!


A magical easter bunny fairy.

Sigh...................... nope, no room for it either.

Cute but again no room in this house.

I hate deviled eggs but I'd be willing to fill it with truffles or some such things if I bought it. *Wink*

Egg shaped plates! How cute is that?!

Okay, now someone on etsy or ebay will come up with something like this I'm sure. Little felt easter bunny place mats.

I gave serious consideration to this wreath for the front door but hubs said he didn't think it would fit between the door and security/storm door either.

I'll show you more in a day or two plus I'll show you what I've decided on for the front door.
~*~

Ooooh, and for those who have emailed me about the bout with passing kidney stones, thank you all from the bottom of this ol' heart. I truly appreciate your kind comments, emails and thoughts. I'm back to feeling like my usual self and chompin' at th' bit to get some things done. My next project is to do a verrrrry special treat for my valentine swap put on by Miss Dolly. It will appear here first and I promise you that you will be delighted to see it.
~*~

I also am going to have a giveaway for my 500th post, chicks!!! Squeeeeeeeal, just you wait till you see what I'm giving away. You won't be able to contain the glee when you do. Keep watching for it within the week. I am a bit behind but that's to be expected with what these past 2 weeks have been like.

22 comments:

  1. Good morning Connie! What beautiful spring things, I love the colors of spring and I much prefer dreaming about it to looking out the window at the ice and snow:>) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pretty Easter goodies!!! I'm running out of space too, but I guess that means I need to weed out some old to make room for some new!!!

    So glad you are feeling better! Can't wait to see what's up your little sleeve!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you are feeling better! Love those spring things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. See what happens I'm gone for awhile and you pass a kidney stone!
    I'm glad to here that your feeling much better. OH~~ the rug I'm a rug girl myself that one is just to sweet. I may go check it out.
    Take care of yourself, I hope to be back in blog world again.
    Ginger
    P.S.
    yes indeed that was such a big deal for me to learn how to do the layout thing . Now I know I still have a bit of a brain, I was worried there for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be still my heart. The vases and wreaths are gorgeous. The Easter displays give me hope...that warm weather will be on it's way. -30 this morning, but from here the temp is suppose to go up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Sweet Pea,

    I have been away for a few days and it seems like forever.

    I just love Easter and Spring too. I am having a ball making pretty spring goodies. I just love the pics of all the springy stuff. Those rugs, wreaths, bunnies, and those egg plates with bunnies on them 2DIE4.

    Just love it all! I'm glad you are feeling better. I can't wait to see what you're getting ready to give for your contest.

    xo Cath

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to decorate for Easter! My favorite would be the bunny place mats! I might have to try to make them! lol I really liked the chocolate egg wreath also but I think it wouldn't help with the chocolate cravings around here! lol I'm so glad that you are feeling better!
    Hugs!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that sweet bunny fairy and those bunny place mats. How cute are they? : )
    I too have lack of room for more but if I see something that scr4eams at me, well, whatcha gonna do right?

    I am so happy you are feeling so much better sweet lady. You have been in my prayers. Kipper sends puppy smoochies too.

    Love,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Helllo Connie, lovely to hear that you are 'back to normal'. I loved seeing the Easter photos, it will be here sooner than we think.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Easter???!!!! I am barely over Christmas and trying to forget Valentine's is coming. LOL,,,pretty photos Connie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Morning Connie you are kiddin about your 500th post WOW!! and I can get to the first 100th..I am already brain dead with posting..love all the eye candy today..and I am so ready for spring time just to see some flowers again would be nice...hugs and smiles Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  12. Howdy, Connieness! Well, just buy all those goodies and send them to me! That'll work!
    I've read you were not well,but I'm glad you're feeling better now.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi connie
    You are coming up to 500 posts!! yikes. Congratulations are coming up in order then.

    I LOVE your comment about Easter. Easter because I'm into bunnies is a wonderful month. That is the time one could scoop up wonderful bunny things. I could hardly stand looking at these they are soooo pretty. Very tempting eye candy.

    Thank you for a lovely post
    have a great day
    Judi

    ReplyDelete
  14. First thank you because now I am so looking forward to Easter. It is my favorite family meal to do.
    And a big thank you for sharing that you have a bunch of rugs stashed away. I always thought I was the only one. I can't bear to part with them and have repurposed a few to a new room from time to time.
    Roberta Anne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Connie,
    You are the 2nd post that has mentioned Easter. It's my favorite holiday and sometimes my birthday falls on Easter. Love the pastel colors and the newness of Easter.
    Glad you are feeling better.
    Warmly,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the decor especially the bunny matts..too cute..how are you by the way..all through passing stones?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Deviled eggs and chocolate! YEAH!

    ReplyDelete
  18. THe love bunny! Cute! There's always room for chocolate....


    Jillian

    ReplyDelete
  19. Connie...Soooo glad you are feeling better sweets!!! Passing those stones is NOT fun! BLess your heart:)
    Love all the eye candy...& I love Easter! & Spring!!!
    Hugs..
    Deb:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so happy you are feeling back to your old self.

    I love all the Easter things too. I love those fake chocolate bunnies. I may have to get some this year. Since I can't have the real ones they will have to do. LOL

    Hugs,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love Easter too Connie and also love to decorate the house in readiness for it. Your pics were gorgeous - what a shame your house is already full. I hope you have enough room for 'chocolate eggs'....LOL
    Hugs,
    Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  22. What beautiful fun Easter things! I love all the cute dishes and I especially love the chocolate bunnies and wreath!

    I'm so glad you are feeling better!

    xox Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so nice and I thank all of you that leave one for me.