My life is to make everything around me beautiful.

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Storage Can Be Beautiful!



I've sung the praises of beautiful storage for years and years. Today is just another example of what you can do.

Since we downsized 2 years ago to about 1/3 the size of our other house, finding places to store has just about gotten the best of me! One of my "mottos" has always been: Hide in plain sight. So I'm always looking for ways to be creative while living beautifully. I don't have the area I used to have for my hobbies so I have been trying to "make do" with the kitchen countertops area. While my sweet hubby never ever complains, I still wanted to get it out of the kitchen - especially the cans of sealer, small cans of paint, spackle, Mod Podge, etc. So I pulled some roses out of a wicket basket and "replanted" them in my collection of pitchers. Then I put the cans in the basket and tied one of my ribbons from my enormous collection I have. VoilĂ ! Now, it is in sight but in a much prettier "setting." And I can pick it up and tote it around to wherever I want it. I even have thrown a scarf over it and it sits beautifully in sight on the floor by the coffee table.
~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are so nice and I thank all of you that leave one for me.