My life is to make everything around me beautiful.

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Make a Date with Yourself

Time for yourself. It is alright and "just fine" to say "NO"! So many people have a hard time saying that when asked to do something. Now, I understand that there are things you have to do, but there are things you don't have to do. The problem is determining which is which. I have no problem saying no. Sometimes when someone asks me to do something, I have a stock answer: "Oh, I'm sorry, I have other plans." I doubt I'd turn down a luncheon date! But when caught unaware, just have a ready answer available for it. I sometimes "schedule" in time for me. I'm a stay-at-home wife, but that does NOT mean that I have any more time that a working wife. My time is still valuable and needs to be scheduled. Sure, I have more time to fix my home, shop, etc. but that is my choice and others have made their choices. I still have chores, etc. do. I also schedule time for reading, crafting and just "down" time. I need it. Life is frantic no matter who you are or what you do. So remember, you do not have to always say "yes"; NO is perfectly fine. And.............have that "stock" answer in your mind at all times for when caught unaware. :-)
~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are so nice and I thank all of you that leave one for me.