My life is to make everything around me beautiful.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Porches #2

We have even more porches to drool over. (This was up the entire day before I noted a typo! Aaaack!!! Sorry.)

Most of these look like east coast locations because of the architecture and the ocean. The Pacific coast looks a bit different from the Atlantic, but both are beautiful. Tall columns, a brick pathway, lush trees forming an allee of sorts.

Northern Atlantic looks like to me. Stark coastline and cedar siding architecture.

A gorgeous and colorful home looking like it is in the south somewhere.

Porches and balconies like this remind me of cottages somewhere in the upper part of the northeast. Pink and comfy! Notice the "eyebrow" over the steps up to the porch and the private balcony with the french doors and fan chairs. Darling!

This definitely has a southwest feel to it.

White house, black shutters are a perfect combination for me, but I want a red door. I'll have it in the next couple of years, too. I love the look of this porch and cottage. Just very inviting for the neighbors.
~*~

13 comments:

  1. Hey hun! Love looking at your porch pictures. That 1st one is just so totally Southern. Just absolutely beautiful!

    I love the red pillow I saw on your sidebar. I noticed it just as I clicked to leave a comment, so now I have to go back and see it.

    Have a pretty pink week Sweetie.
    Hugs...Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie,
    What wonderful photos of some fantastic photos. I especially am in love with the 4th and 6th pics down.They would be the porches of my dreams!
    Your beautiful roses are in almost every room in my home and the scent is pure heaven!! Thanks so much!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to sit out on any one of them!
    dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I take the one with the upper porch and pink trim. Drool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Connie :) These are wonderful porches! My favorite is the one in the 4th photo!! Lots of fancy fretwork, and I LOVE those wicker chairs on the private balcony!! Gorgeous!!

    Have a great day!!

    Warmest hugs to you, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunning! my porch is a bit wee more humble than these picutred here...but I still enjoy the pleasures of sitting out and drawing on it!

    in fact, that's what today's post is about over on my blog! pop in and see me if you've the time!

    ciao bella
    creative carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, you are killing me! These are spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh I loved 1,4, and the cottage that you loved..:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos! I can see myself sitting on any of those beautiful porches! Have a great day!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  10. Connie, love most of the porches, but my 2 faves are the pink and green one and the one that looks like it came straight from New Orleans. My son lived in one of those old houses on Magazine Street in the heart of the Garden District and altough his apt. was in the back, the porches in the front were awesome with balconies. They took a lot of those old houses and turned them into apt. I loved the old wooden floors that were left exposed. Great shots. and may I borrow your beautiful pink pictures of the close up of peonies?. Love and hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Connie,
    I love the porch photo's! I was wondering what ever happened to your eyelash experiment?. Did your eyelashes really grow longer?. Give us an update...
    We are still unpacking boxes and having work men in and out of the house. It seems like I get one room put together and it gets all messed up again with more boxes..LOL.
    Take care and hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGosh, I could die happy on ANY of those porches, well, except for the Southwest one. I don't do Southwest or Tuscany! But I so love the looks of all of them!

    Love ,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, sweet friend,
    Aren't these homes and porches so lovely and inviting? Thanks for sharing them with us. I could make myself right at home on any of these porches. Hope you are having a beautiful week, Connie. Love and blessings always~ Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so nice and I thank all of you that leave one for me.