My life is to make everything around me beautiful.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Chocolate Cookie Spring Party!

Cielo has decided to have a party celebrating the arrival of spring—for me that is here in the desert of Idaho. It's a chocolate cookie party so go to her website and check out all the wonderful recipes.

My cookies are really very simple. A friend of mine several years back brought me over some cookies and they were delicious so I asked her for the recipe. She laughed and told me and I said you're kidding, right? She said no she wasn't kidding. They were cookie dough from Wal Mart! Ever since that time I've bought their cookie dough and just sliced and baked. Hubs does it also for the families he visits each month. I don't think I could do any better than this, chicks. They are truly delicious and since they're "slice and bake" and I'm an old lady, I'll continue to use them!

Oooooh, and the donuts you see peeking out there??? I had to have some fortification while baking, ya know. *Smilin' at ya!*

13 comments:

  1. I love slice and bake cookies. At Christmas I make a couple of intricate cookies and supplement my trays with slice and bakes. Works for me.

    Sunday Blessings
    from Roberta Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. so what kind are they? sugar cookie dough? and pass me a chocolate donut..I got milk..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connie,
    I'll take a plate of those cookies anyday. I have tried the slice and bake and they are so good. Great during the holidays when you need cookies done fast. The sugar cookies are perfect to slice, bake and then use that icing recipe that I have up.
    Can I have a donut too. I'll bring the tea pot.
    Love, Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slice and bake is the only warm cookie that is coming out of my oven...otherwise they are going to be storebought. I just hate hate hate to back. It's what you do when you've been bad and must be punished lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummmmmmmmmm, Yummmmmmm !!! :) Slice and bake works for me !!! :) I need to write you a big long letter. Not that much has happened , hee hee !! I am pretty boring these days, but Miss you !!! :) Hugs !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. After seeing your lovely cookies, I think that I'll try the slice and bake variety myself. My next big venture is peanut butter and coconut cream Easter eggs.
    Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  7. i want that cookies too! any leftovers? hehehehehe I see you at the airport! hehehehehe ooh huneybun.. have a good week!

    take care!xo
    fitty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Connie you are too funny!! Love your oookies! I have discovered that a lot of the specialty boxed brownies are better than I could ever make and when I serve them as dessert everyone always raves. Who knew? xo Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Going to Wally World tomorrow. I will have to pick some of this up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those cookies look great and I know what you mean about the donuts....they can be a lifesaver! LOL
    karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Connie,

    Thanks for sharing your cookie 'secret" as I'm calling it!
    I bake from scratch and this sounds great and if they taste that good..hey, might as well save myself some time:)

    I appreciate your humor and outlook on life with your hubby.
    Warmly,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello and Thank you so much for stopping by! Wow Connie you have been busy posting since I've been here last. Love these cookies, your creative rooms were beautiful, loved all those roses!
    Bless you, Shirl
    Shirls Rose Cottage

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so nice and I thank all of you that leave one for me.