My life is to make everything around me beautiful.

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Show and Tell Sunday "Collections"

Soooooo, I'm sitting here thinking I've forgotten to do something and at 8:30 at night it hits me....Show and Tell Sunday! I'm bored with Love Bunny still in San Diego and not hearing another human voice except for the infrequent phone calls from him and about to go stir crazy with no human being to chatter to..........*Sigh*............ So here we are taking photos of my favorite collection - outside of ROSES, I mean! Now, I'm scurrying around taking pictures at night and hurrying to post them in time for tomorrow. Let's begin......

This is my absolutely favorite pitcher. I actually gasped when I opened the box about 8 years ago. Even hubs said it was beautiful when I showed him that night. I bought it on ebay. Majolica. Gorgeous!!

Sorry, but I ain't takin' the flowers outta the pitchers! My second favorite pitcher.

Another one with the most gorgeous faux roses you've ever seen or felt.

Not especially pretty but I had to have it. It's quite heavy and filled with liquid I can barely pour out of it so I don't use it very often anymore.

I know, I know, it's blue! But I love the delicate lines of it and the fruit design of it. Very graceful looking.

It's PINK!! What can I say?!?! Well, pink and yellow which is one of my favorite color combinations.

It's got ROSES! What else can I say about this one? Hmmmm. Love it.

The fact that it has roses on it overshadows the robins egg blue color. I love that color. Heck, I love the name: robins egg blue.

This vase came to me with flowers from my daughter. I kept it because it's purple - her favorite color. You should see her house! BUT surprise, it's plastic! Yep, but I display it and it's so light that I can lift it with liquid in it with no problem.
I simply loved the rose and the little "ribbon" on it. Pink with purple polka dots. Cutesy. ;-)

Another one with roses and a ribbon. I love this one also. Very delicate looking in person.

This is a Lenox china pitcher. Not very big at all. It was a gift to me about 20 years ago from a friend then. Very fragile and delicate also. That's fruit on it. Lovely and elegant looking.

This is kind of weird colors but the price was right at the thrift store. Plus I thought it was cute. The brown flowers are not very pretty but it looked like it needed a good home. :-) It has a good home NOW!

24 comments:

  1. Your Sunday collections is amazing!
    My fav is pitcher nr 1, but I love all.

    Have a wonderful, blessing Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luv the pitcher collection Connie. I really liked the blue and white one with polka dots on the rim and pink roses. Have a great day.
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH How I love ALL those pitchers, but esp. the PINK ones, what else, lol
    I have a little collection too, might make pictures and post them someday.

    Thanks for showing and have a great day!

    Hugs from Marian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pitcher collection....
    Have a fun and Bless Sunday,
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pitchers! They are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a wonderful collection of pitchers!

    My fave is teh robin's egg blue one. It's the only shade of blue that calls to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Connie girl you are just too funny..I LMAO at your comment you left me...I am going to have to add you girl to my list...WHAT!!! no you silly thing not my Christmas list my blog list..Love all your pitcher and you do have a collection of them..Thanks again you doodlehead..Hugs and smiles Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Connie girl you are just too funny..I LMAO at your comment you left me...I am going to have to add you girl to my list...WHAT!!! no you silly thing not my Christmas list my blog list..Love all your pitcher and you do have a collection of them..Thanks again you doodlehead..Hugs and smiles Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Connie girl you are just too funny..I LMAO at your comment you left me...I am going to have to add you girl to my list...WHAT!!! no you silly thing not my Christmas list my blog list..Love all your pitcher and you do have a collection of them..Thanks again you doodlehead..Hugs and smiles Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  10. Connie girl you are too funny..I LMAO at your comment on my blog..I am going to add you to my list WHAT!! no you silly thing not my Christmas list my blog list,,Loved all your pitcher and boy you do have a collection of them..thanks again you silly thing...hugs and smiles Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  11. Connie, What an incredible collection... You always make me smile with your post... Sorry your so lonely but your Sweetie will be back soon.,.. If I lived closer I'd come keep you company...

    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Connie,

    You have some great pitchers! Love your store pictures too!

    Kindredly, Lynne Laura

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your pitcher collection is amazing!
    I, too, love pitchers but have never actually started a collection of them...alas, I just have no more room to store or display another single thing!!
    love, bj

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your pitchers are so lovely! Those flowers are awesome too. Thanks.
    Nelly

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! What incredible pitchers - so lovely! And all the flowers - great collection to share!
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a large 'n lovely collection of Pitchers... Thanks for sharing all of them...

    ~blessings~
    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love pitchers too, Connie. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great collection of pitchers! And those faux roses truly are amazing. Where did you get them?
    Patricia :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely Connie, the second one os my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful collection of pitchers, my favorite it the second one! It almost looks like Mckenzie Childs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful collection of pitchers. Each one is more beautiful than the next! I love the purple one too and cannot believe it's plastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Connie Chikee.. I love, love love your jug/pitcher.. just lovely.. i like the one in blue with pink roses.. so pretty!..

    happy sunday!
    muahhhhhhhhhsss xoxoxoxoxo
    fitty

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful pitchers! I love them too and have some on top of my kitchen cabinets.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, Connie, thanks for taking the time to take all those pictures! What a nice collection you have.

    ~ Hearts ~

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so nice and I thank all of you that leave one for me.