My life is to make everything around me beautiful.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Can We Talk? And a Tag or Two....

When we go on vacation we will watch television at the kids' houses and this time I saw a commercial that really struck me. Okay, okay, just listen now and give an old lady a chance, will ya?!?!

It was about some "green bags." Yep, Debbie Meyers bags. Now, this might not be a revelation to you chicks, but it was to me! I'd never ever heard of them before since we don't watch tv. Anyway, I got on my laptop and immediately ordered some and they came about 3 weeks ago. Wellll, let me tell you, they are really something!!

When hubs is away I don't cook. Usually just eat salad or microwave something easy. So tonight I went to Burger King, got a salad, brought it home and threw some tomatoes we've had for about 3 weeks on top. You'll see them on the salad below - the grape tomatoes. They are great, haven't shriveled up at all and truly, they are at least 2 weeks old. I love those green bags. They truly do work. I had some strawberries in them and they kept lots fresher for a long time. I saw in WM the other day that they carry them. So run out and get some! Trust me, they work and are WORTH it so save on fresh veggies and fruit!

Below is a cuke I just put in one. The grape tomatoes have been in the bag for about 5 days and still no deterioration at all.
~*~

Also The Polka Dot Rose has tagged me for 7 things you don't know about me. Now that's hard because I've pretty much laid it on the line on this blog but I guess I still have some "mystique" about me to come up with something.

1.
Against all the things your mom and dad tell you to never ever do, I did. I accepted a ride with a stranger once at about age 10 or 11. Nuuuuuuu, nothing happened. We lived in Texas and it was a long walk to school and a couple offered me a ride one day. A husband and wife and it was hot and rainy so I accepted. They took me to school and it was fine but it's one of those rules your parents throw at ya 5 minutes outta the womb. I still remember it, so on some level it must have "traumatized" me!! I was perfectly fine though.

2.
I swam in a bayou once in Texas or Louisiana; we were close to border so don't know which state we were in on that outing. After I got in the friends and their parents told me it had alligators. You never saw anybody get out of a body of water so fast in your life! Never again did I swim with those people. OR go with those people!


3.
I absolutely hate balancing my checkbook. Hate it but I do it every 3 or 4 months. I don't worry about the money because I check my account on line frequently; it's just the actual procedure of it that I hate. My son is like me; my daughter ISN'T........

4.
I lost the back of my bathing suit once in a pool. I was about 12 or 13 and had a new suit with ruffles on the bum. They ripped off and I didn't know it until a sailor (it was a pool on a military base) came up to me and told me. I was mortified and it took several days before I went back. My glorious naked b*tt was in full view for all those guys to see for a while! Now they'd probably go eeeewwwwwwww and run the other way!

5.
I love public speaking. It doesn't bother me one bit. I'd rather do that than fly in a plane, which I refuse to do anymore anyway!

6.
I love going to the dentist. Most people go every 6 months for cleaning and checkups for regular maintenance. I go every 4 months because I can't stand them not feeling clean. I also never have bad breath. I have no clue why, but my granddaughter told me my breath is always like a baby's breath. Of course, she may not have been near me after a chunk of extra sharp cheddar cheese!

7.
I hate wearing shoes! I'd rather be barefoot in the house so that's why I'm compulsive about clean floors. And that's also why I am always crunching my toes on a piece of furniture!

Now I'm supposed to tag 7 people to do the same. I'm tagging you chicks who have Roses in your blog name. Youuuuu know who you are, sweets, so fess up and do it. I think you need to link back to me, so do that also. ;-)
~*~

The other award is Best Friends Forever Awardy. Shirl and Alaura gave me this one.
Here are the rules:
1. Use the Twinks Bank icon
2. Nominate 5 other people only
3. Four (4) nominees have to be dedicated followers of your blog
4. One (1) has to be someone new to your blog and live in another part of the world.
5. You must link back to whoever gave you the award.

I'm nominating Katie, Rhea, Vickie, Ele and Fitty.

17 comments:

  1. Hi Connie, Just found your blog by way of Cathy's Cottage and what perfect timing...love the tag and getting to know you. I love be barefooted too..but it drives my hubby crazy.

    I wondered if the DM bags really worked...they sound great, I'll be getting some for sure...hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Connie. We buy the green bags from a company called Lakeland, in England. They are marvellous, and things keep so well in them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for telling us about the bags, I have been curious about them but didn't want to spend the money unless I knew they worked or not...I will look for them in Walmart the next time I go, THANKS!

    Bella:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, it's neat to know that those bags work! Thanks for sharing them. The tomatoes look fabo! It's nice to learn more about you too! How funny about your swimsuit bottoms! I know that being 12 years old it was probably so horrible for you, but now you can laugh at it.

    Have a happy day!

    Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, I wondered about those bags. Thanks for the info. I never believe anything on TV so would not have bought them, now I'll give them a try :)
    I crunch toes too! Owww.
    I'm barefoot right now.
    Hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Connie...I have seen those bags and wondered if they work. Now I'll have to get them at Wally World...I think I've seen them at ours.

    Have a great day...hugz,
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. how come you don't like flying any more? loved reading about you...no more mystiqe....just kidding...so those bags really work...I will have to put those on my list..and tell my girlfriends as I am always losing my veggies cause we don't eat them all in one day...lol...have a good one...:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found a blog and site you are going to love...
    http://www.calamityjanescottage.com/home1.html
    let me know what you think?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the info about the green bags. I wondered if they really worked! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Connie :)

    I loved your meme! It's always so interesting to read about you.

    I think I might just have to get some of those bags :)

    hugs,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Green baggies work? Glad to hear it, never tried them... thought about it, but never took the chance.

    You have a lot of swimming/swimwear malfunctions, don't you? I wouldn't swim with gators and hitch'n a ride would scare the pants off of me. Sorry, bad analogy. I'm a shoe girl, my Nikes are always on though I've made some headway this summer into going barefoot most of the time. It's just a dangerous business to be jogging up the stairs and around the house when the Farmers leave lego-mines in their wake so I completely understand the furniture jumping out to get you. Online banking... I wouldn't do it any other way! I can't remember the last time I used real paper to balance my checkbook; software and a printer! lol Dentist? You are a very strange girl indeed.

    ~Stacey G.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, I'll have to try those bags!
    Now I'm tagged, so better come up with something!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Connie,
    I am sooo bad...been slacking on my visits to everyone! Love your floral lampshades! Never tried the green bags, but glad to know they work!!

    Congrats on the award and LOVED learning a little more about you.
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh, and green bags, I must look, can you reuse them? Rachaelxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Connie, cute post! So funny about the bathing suit! So you got the award twice, well your blog is double good!!!!!
    Salad looks so good! I might have to make one!
    Well my blog name has rose in it so does that mean I'm tagged?
    Love You! Shirl
    Shirls Rose Cottage

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so nice and I thank all of you that leave one for me.