My life is to make everything around me beautiful.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

It's About Time

If you know me well, you know I'm a stickler for being on time. Actually, for me and hubby "on time is 5 minutes early." Time is important to us all and people are frequently heard saying "I just don't have 'enough' or 'the time' to do this or that." Well, we all have the same amount of time—24 hours in each day; it's what we do with it that counts. So actually it's more about time management than it is about time. I have at least one clock in every single room in my home so I know what time it is when I need to leave for an appointment.

This little jewel sits on my coffee table in the living room facing me when I'm in the big soft leather chair. I can graciously glance at it, and not my watch, so as to not offend a visitor who may be thinking they are usurping my time. It just keeps me on time if that becomes an issue. I am gracious most of the time. Not always, just ask my friend Sherilynn! ;-) When I get obnoxious, she puts me back on center.

This one is on Love Bunny's side of the bed. The numerals are bright when I awake in the middle of the night and want to know the time.

This is my microwave oven clock, and the stove clock is just below it. I won't bore you with two digital clocks that look basically the same.

This is our gorgeous grandfather clock in a corner of our living room. It has the most beautiful chimes that ring on the quarter hour, half hour and hour. We're so used to them we rarely "hear" them anymore.

This is another kitchen clock right next to my sink so I can check it while preparing food or washing dishes.

This is another one in my living room. It's on the wall behind the leather chair so Love Bunny can see it from his chair opposite mine.

This is in my craft room. It's just an inexpensive clock but I can hear it tock when I'm in there. This is a very, very quiet house since we don't have television and don't listen to the radio very much at all. I relish the quiet and serenity of my home. Almost heavenly!

My iMac clock. The little frog sitting here are my "eyes." When traveling it sits on the car dashboard and when hubby exceeds the speed limit, I take my "eyes" off the dashboard and tell him "I have my eeeeeeeyes on U!" He laughs but the frog sometimes bites him. It's serious business being a "seeing eye frog", I tell ya. But as you can see the clock on my Mac shows in the upper right hand corner and tells me what the time is every hour on the hour.

This vintage clock sits on LB's desk and, as you can see, he doesn't change it with the time change. Sigh......

This is a clock given to us by our son commemorating our 40th anniversary almost 9 years ago. It has a plaque engraved with the date, our son's family's names and our marriage date.

I have two of these clocks. This one is also in my office, which I'm in most of the time. There is also another one in the living room making it four clocks in that room. I can see the time from every single place I might sit in that room.
~*~

12 comments:

  1. Oh Sweetie. You must have just read my post. LOL. You're not going to believe it but I seriously thought of you when I was writing it. I was just getting ready to cut off the computer when I just couldn't resist hitting that reload button and of course I saw your post and now I'm late/later to bed. hee-hee.

    I've got 3 digital clocks in my small kitchen alone....Oven, Microwave and coffee pot. 3 walls 3 clocks. I know I'm bad and there is no excuse for me. That's part of my ugly side.

    Have sweet dreams and a beautiful Sunday. Love ya, Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your clocks! I too love to be early, not just "on time". I usually get to work at 10:30pm rather then my start time at 11:00pm. I am then on the computer , getting to know my Patients even before I hear report. I like to do this so I can start to make rounds and get everyone settled for sleep fairly early because my patients have to do 3 hours of Physical Therapy every day in my unit. So their sleep is important to their recovery.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I thought I was the only ClockCollector and TimeKeeper in every room, on the road, in the camper, on my wrist, beside the beds, over the stove...and on and on and on. I'll show ya some of my unusual clocks one day soon. Great post and MrCITexas' clock is an hour behind, too, but he's always RightOnTime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate clocks but they are a necessity. I used to wear a watch all the time but found that knowing the time often made me anxious and rushed. So I stopped wearing one.

    But I do have clocks around here. At the moment there isnt one in our bedroom. Havent found it since the move but once the man gets back to work, we will need it.

    I have a big grandfathers clock just like you and I love it. Sadly tho my bf doesnt and so I had to make it go silent. It didnt work for a long time and thought it was a goner. But something must have happened to it during the move cuz shes working again! And Im soooo happy, I just love that clock.

    Theres the one on the stove, the one on the microwave too. And I have a pretty rose faced one I just had to have, sitting on a cabinet here in the dining room....which is the middle of my house and open to everything. Other than computer clocks, thats it for now. But I try not to worry about time anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Connie! your so right about time, I'll be the first to admit I don't manage it very well...I always let myself get side tracked into doing other things...If I write down all the things I need to do, it never happens the way it's written....I keep trying though....love your clocks, especially the grandfather clock...we had planned on getting one for my mother-in-law some years back but then she passed suddenly...enjoy your sunday! hugs, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Connieness! I'm so glad to know you're the most punctual one. I too like to be on time. Now you have some lovely tick ticks! I like knowing what time it is too! Hope you're being a good girl.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh Girl you did it again! I have said this same phrase to many people, we all get 24 hours in a day it is what you do with them that makes the difference. Loveall your clocks1 meg

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Connie; Love all your clocks,, I really love the the first one on your coffee table,, so sweet... have a great week.

    Hugs;
    Alaura

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many lovely clocks it would be hard to choose a favorite but Grandfather clocks have always been a big favorite of mine. Thanks for helping to while some away.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this post about TIME and your pretty clocks. I just love "Theme" posts, don't you? That first blingy one caught my attention but I sooo love the aged ones, too!

    Big Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  11. We only have one in the bedroom and I keep promising myself to buy another for hubby's nightstand. He uses mine and it rings and rings before he ever gets up to silence it. I also have a pretty "broken" clock in my livingroom... I forget it's there, but I catch people looking at it sometimes and saying "is it really after 10:00?" I tell them that even a broken clock is right two times a day!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so nice and I thank all of you that leave one for me.