My life is to make everything around me beautiful.

Monday, June 8, 2009

Walking Through Ardenwood

A bit of eye candy for you today.
~*~

During our most recent trip back to Calif. we toured Ardenwood in Fremont. It's an old historical farm donated to the state by a man named Patterson. The victorian home on it is just lovely and I'll have pix on that in a day or so and, although I'm not too keen on viewing historical places, this one was interesting and took our minds off the sadness we were experiencing. It actually was a lot of fun that day.

The door to the old servants quarters. It is now the home office.

Flowers were abundant around the home.


The old ice house.

Ferns were abundant all over the acreage.

My family. Son, Keith, still on crutches, daughter's son, Adam, 6'4" in white shirt, granddaughter, hubby looking at the trains and granddaughter's hubby in red shirt.

They had their own railroad side there with several cars still on the track but definitely not in use anymore.

A place to rest and reflect.

Path to a gazebo.

Desert plants and California live oaks, one of my favorite trees stand together on the land.
An allèe through the park.

And a peacock that allowed me to get so close I had to take its picture for my friend, Katie. Katieeeeeee, ya better look and comment on this dude, huney!!

More pictures of the actual house next time! We got a personal tour while there.
~*~

Random Thought:

I cannot talk or text while hubby's driving because I'm the back seat driver and drivers aren't allowed to do that while driving. :-)

14 comments:

  1. love the last comment about the back seat driving..that is too flipping funny..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place that is. We have seen ice houses in the grounds of some of our large National Trust houses in UK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ice house. My grandparents farm had a cellar. Cool as a cucumber down there. The house is gone, but the underground cellar is still there. Your are right about the driving thing.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love taking home tours, and their own train station..my husband would love to see that, train fanatic that he is.
    I just love the colors of the peacock..what a great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Connie, what a pretty mosaic -- eye candy, indeed! Ardenwood looks like a beautiful place. I'm something of a sucker for historic sites -- love 'em! thanks so much for joining Mosaic Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tour! Thanks! I really like the bench, the barrel (I had one like that in Florida) and the flowers! Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks beautiful! And I'm having a hard time digesting the fact that you don't like visiting historical sites... that's like loving brownies, but hating chocolate! lol

    Looking forward to the house pics! I think I'll daydream about the allee in the meantime, it looks so peaceful.

    ~Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  8. That peacock is gorgeous! The belly feathers are particularly black and white on this one!

    Elvis is so funny, this morning DH and I were on the porch saying our goodbyes as he was about to leave for work. His cell phone rang and Elvis "goes off", so funny. He squeals at: phones, the windmill creaking in the wind, music that comes on at the neighboring properties and if I open my sliding mirror door of my bedroom closet! He can hear that even if the windows are closed! Such a goofball!

    Ardenwood is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty place! I'm so glad when I see places that are preserved so we are able to get a glimpse back into time.

    I'm happy too see your son is recovering.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you had a peaceful break in your sadness . It looks like a very restful place.

    karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tour and nice photos. We are into trains lately since our little grandson is Thomas the Tank crazy:)
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Connie,
    What a fun mosaic. I love visiting places like these...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good afternoon my Dear friend...Glad to see your home and safe...How is your daughter doing and your son...I know you enjoyed spending time with your kids even if it was under bad times...Now girl as I use to live in Fremont I have been to Ardenwood...not alot of old houses in Fremont that are worst looking at but this one is...can't wait to see your pics of it...Your family remains in my prayers dear Connie...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so nice and I thank all of you that leave one for me.