My life is to make everything around me beautiful.

Sunday, June 22, 2008

I Lead a Charmed Blessed Life!!

I just thought that first of all I'd share what I did yesterday with some jars of olives and marshmallow creme when we finished with them. Easy to do and you have an endless supply of jars from which to choose, my sweet chickees! I have the old salt and pepper shakers a "Pink Redo" also!!

~*~

I am so grateful to the Lord for all of my blessings that I've decided to thank him on my blog today and to put some things in perspective.

I am soooooo incredibly blessed! I have a husband who loves me beyond reason and puts up with my shenanigans and moods on an hourly basis! I have a home with more bedrooms than there are people in the house. I have 2 bathrooms while some people don't even have one. I have 2 cars paid for: a 12 years old Mitsubishi Montero and an 8 years old Camry and don't lust after a new car which won't get me where I want to go any faster or better than those 2 cars and saves me car payments. I have roses in my front yard. I have a private back yard with a fence. Since we bought this home new 3 years ago I have a new refrigerator, stove, microwave, dishwasher and soft water. Never in my life have I had every appliance in my kitchen new! I have a soft water system. I have a power mower for hubs(!) to cut our grass. I have my 2 kids and 4 grandkids. I have more than a couple changes of clothing in my closet and dresser. I have furniture in my home with carpet for my tootsies. I have a washer and dryer and they're still working marvelously after 10 years. I have computers and books. I have enough food that I could help my neighbors if they were in need. I have ears, nose and eyes that can work exquisitely well for ANY age but certainly for MY age! I have shoes to wear - they may not ALL fit these feet now after the surgery last year, but some of them DO and for that I'm very grateful!!! I have an iron and an ironing board. I have more fabric than one chick should be allowed to have! I have so much craft stuff it's pathetic. :-) I have the love of my church family and if I ever needed something I know they'd be here within minutes. I have enough money for every possible NEED I have and some for WANTS, which are few! I have a brand new church building that is exquisite. I have a sense of humor and trust me, I don't see that in a LOT of people. I am blessed with incredible good health, for which some people have told me that they'd give up any and every thing they have to have good health. My kids and grandkids are well, happy and are blessed with the good things in life and still have a love for the gospel. I am blessed to be able to pay tithing and have that blessing be returned to me in ways that are unbelievable and extraordinary and even inconceivable. I have love and compassion in my heart for everyone. (Now, lest you think I'm perfect; I'M NOT but I'm on the road!) I have a group of ebay friends who bring joy to my life by just putting up with me, which isn't always easy, my little kumquats! And last, but not in the least the least, I love the Lord and he loves me much more than I can even imagine. Beyond anything else I want to have that kind of love for everyone. That is my goal.

Yes, I lead a charmed life and am incredibly blessed and especially for being born in this country of which I am so very, very proud!! God truly does bless the USA!

27 comments:

  1. Awww...Connie, that brought tears to my eyes, sweetie!

    We're ALL blessed! If we have the Lord in our lives, we're blessed, for sure!!!

    Thanks for the reminder - especially today, when I had a rotten, rainy Saturday and a Grandchild-less Sunday - with no idea when, or if we'll see her again...and I'm feeling down in the dumps!

    ~Blessings dear one...
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very moving post Connie, I feel as blessed as you do!
    Love your pink jar lids, I've been doing that too.
    Love You! Shirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Appreciating what we have is so important! good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear sweet Connie; What a wonderful post. I had my talk with our Lord this afternoon, and it was almost word for word what I said. No kidding. I too am blessed by the Lord for his love and compassion, and knowing he is always there. So thank you for making my Sunday.

    hugs;
    Alaura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Connie,
    I feel blessed that I came acrossed you and your blog!
    I love your sense of humor and outlook in life and hope I always stay as grounded as you!
    smiles,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Connie. Yes it is important to be thankful for our blessing in our life. I know I am thankful for my beautiful children, wonderful husband, very loving parents who are still together and always there for me. BUT, I dont have a house with more rooms than people, I dont have lots of frabric, an ironing board or iron (dont need one), I dont have cars paid off or an exquisite church building. But I DO have a home I love that keeps me warm and safe, 2 cars and an modest, dry and beautiful church building that is very old. In fact, my parents were married it it. But I STILL feel very blessed. And Most importantly, I DO have God in my life an the ability to love and forgive. Family and God are the things I am most thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Connie,
    That was so beautiful. We all have so much to be thankful for. There will always be someone else who has a bigger, better house, car, etc. But there are so many more that don't have a fraction of what we have here in the USA. And more importantly, as Jan said, anyone who has our Lord Jesus Christ in their life is truly blessed. Thank you so much for this wonderful reminder.
    Patricia :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Connie,
    what a Gorgeous post sweetie!! Such a lovely from the heart post!!
    The Jar lids are the cutest!!!
    mandii

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Connie;
    Well my Hubby fixed my blog site, my first one. So please stop by and let me know what you think.
    cottagerose50.blogspot.com

    Thank you Lots. you are a sweetheart.

    hugs
    Alaura

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nicely said! Sometimes we all wish for more than we need instead of appreciating what we have! Anyways thanks for always leaving such sweet comments, I can always count on you stopping by for a little visit,Thank you.
    Hugs~Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Connie! Yes, you do have a very blessed life...and we all should probably be taking time out to thank God for all that we have! Thank you for the reminder!

    Jillian

    ReplyDelete
  12. You truly are blessed, and I always think it pleases the Lord when we count our blessings and recognize that they all come from Him. I hae always told my children that the roof over their heads and beds to sleep in are much more than many poor people in this world have, We dont need to drive Mercedes or live in a big house to be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your post was uplifting! I thank God everyday for something! I have been truly blessed also~~even through all the trials and tribulations~I keep my chins up and depend on the Lord for strength and guidance~~but there are times I get in my deep depressions and they are hard to get out of! But I soon burst out of my hole and thank God and look at His creations and smile and appreciate His love.
    Pray for the peace of Jerusalem!
    Shalom!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chickie, Chickie! You are a lucky little duck. How nice for you to reflect on what you have, not on what you don't have. More of us should do that! Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello sweet chickie,
    aww you made my heart all gooey.
    You are so sweet and yep we all have lots to be thankful for dont we...too much to mention them all id say.
    I know i am thankful for you finding my blog and popping your sweet self in to say HIII to me :)

    Love ya Lots
    oh and it wasnt Pink PIN bags, it was Pink BIN bags (as in garbage bags), you silly goose.

    LOL

    Big Kiss
    xx
    Shann

    Oh and love the jars..OF COURSE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful reminder to 'count my blessings'. Been worrying about some blood test results I haven't received yet, so this came at a perfect time! You certainly seem to find JOY in living the life God gave you. Bless you! Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Connie,

    Only a thankful heart can see blessings in daily life... Thank YOU
    for sharing your "thankful heart". That was wonderful!

    Colana

    ReplyDelete
  18. We are blessed to read your blog, sugar britches!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Connie :)

    We are all blessed aren't we?! :)

    I loved reading this. You really put things into perspective and I don't think many people are able to do that.

    Thank you for the house support. I'm still waiting to hear what comes next....

    hugs,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
  20. HI!Connie what a lovely post. WARM REGARDS

    ReplyDelete
  21. HI!Connie what a lovely post. WARM REGARDS

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh what a wonderful post, dear Connie!! I got goosebumps reading it. You always make me giggle AND think!! Two things that EVERYONE needs to do more often!

    Thanks for sharing your faith & love for God. He does bless us all richly each day & I, too, am so very thankful. I've always thought I was the luckiest girl in the world, truly! Now I know my adopted sis is, too!

    Love ya,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  23. Bless the name of the Lord! Glorify His name! He is worthy to be praised! Thanks Connie, we have so much to be thankful for and nothing to be taken for granted. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely, lovely post. It made my heart sing! What a wonderful way to start the day!

    And yes, dear Connie, you are singin' my song about car payments! Wouldn't you SO much rather have the money to spend on pink pretties!! I love my old car for that reason if no other!

    Have a beautiful day, dear one!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Amen! We are all so blessed, you put it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I too am so so so...BLESSED...to know me better, read my Sept 30th post..last year..in your spare time of course...I am having so much fun reading your blog and getting to know you...
    love it.
    Deby
    WA state

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so nice and I thank all of you that leave one for me.